Wednesday, September 4, 2013

PreK Supply Lists


Pre-K Supply Lists


Oh, how I wish I had seen a blog post like this one when I was starting out.  When I was hired as the center's preschool teacher, I was totally clueless!  I was asked to give a supply list with all the materials I would need, for the classroom, the activity (arts and crafts room), and various centers around our building. I wasn't sure where to begin, so I started with the craft room.

In my experience, this is a great list to get you started, should you ever find yourself at square one:
  • Regular crayons, all colors including skin colors
  • Washable markers
  • Tempera paint (gallons if possible)- AT LEAST red, yellow, blue, black, and white; get orange, green, and purple if you have the budget for it
  • Paintbrushes in various sizes
  • Construction paper-pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, light blue, purple, brown, black, gray
  • Butcher paper, any/all colors
  • Printed paper and stationary
  • Newsprint/Large Art Paper
  • Large colored construction paper
  • Card stock, white
  • Tissue paper, white and colors
  • Ribbon, different sizes and textures
  • Foam stickers, all sizes, colors, styles
  • Buttons, assortment
  • Paper streamers, all colors
  • Roll on painters/Bingo Blotters, all colors
  • Paper plates, large and small
  • Glue bottles and a gallon refill
  • Glue sticks
  • Spray adhesive
  • Rubber Cement
  • Craft sticks
  • Yarn in various colors
  • Brass brads
  • Styrofoam cups
  • Doilies
  • Clothespins, wooden
  • Powdered tempera
Almost all of our art supplies were found at www.discountschoolsupply.com or at our local superstore.

Next, I focused on classroom supplies.  Some things could be shared with the Art Room, obviously, but for my own use, I asked for the following:
  • Large and Small Ziplock bags (quart and gallon)
  • Pencils and pencil grippers
  • Writing manipulatives: gel pens, wide tipped pens or markers
  • Sharpies
  • Corkboard
  • Die-cut letters
  • Masking, Duct, and Painters tape
  • Hot Glue gun
  • White board
  • Food coloring
  • Play-doh, all colors
  • Index Cards
  • Stickers
  • Paper Clips, various colors
  • Colored Electrical Tape
  • File Folders, various Colors
  • Dry erase markers
  • Adhesive for wall- adhesive putty, stikki clips
  • Rubber Cement
  • Small Square table for center in classroom
  • Medium rectangle table for dramatic play
  • Command hooks for classroom walls
  • Double sided Velcro, adhesive back, dots or strips
Again, almost all of these things were found at a superstore or office supply store.  I keep all of them in a large black storage cabinet in the corner of my room.  My next post will include the supplies we purchased for our sensory bins.

It was a relief getting my hands on all of these supplies!  We've been able to make almost all of our crafts and do our activities (except sensory bins) without additional purchases.  Every few months, we restock, but I think this is a pretty comprehensive list.  Let me know if I left anything out!


No comments:

Post a Comment