Friday, November 8, 2013

Word Wall Words Part III: K-P

Teaching the Alphabet, Letters K-P



I hope you've been enjoying my series on word wall words for preschoolers.  Whether you are making your own worksheets, creating a game, or actually doing a word wall, I think it helps to have a little inspiration from another teacher.  I used multiple resources, including the series My First Steps to Reading by Jane Belk Monicure.  We had the entire series of books in the classroom when I started, and every Monday I introduce the letter of the week with one of the volumes.  

We also do a letter sort with cards I've made with the words and pictures on one side, and the letters on the other.  I set out a variety of letters and let my kiddos find the letter of the week.  When we have found most or all of them, I flip the cards over and play again, this time finding the picture and word that begins with our letter.

kaleidoscope
kangaroos
keys
ketchup
keyboard
kick
king
kiss
kite
kitten
koala


ladder
ladybug
lamp
mate
leaves
lego
lemon
lemonade
leprechaun
lettuce
lightbulb
lightning
lime
lion
lizard
lobster
lock
lollipop

macaroni
magician
mailbox
map
marble
marshmallow
mask
mermaid
milk
mittens
mommy
money
monkey
monster
moon
moose
motorcycle
mouse
mouth
movie
muffin

nachos
nail
nest
newspaper
nickel
nine
no
nose
numbers
nurse
nuts

octagon
octopus
off
olives
omelet
on
orange (fruit)
orange (color)
ornament
ostrich
otter 
owl

pail
paint
pajamas
pancakes
parrot
paste
peanut
peas
penguin
pepperoni
pickle
picture
pie
pig
pillow
pineapple
pink
pirate
pizza
planet
plant
poodle
popcorn
porcupine
popsicle
potato
present
pudding
pumpkin
purple
puzzle


No comments:

Post a Comment